FT Foster Care Worker – MSW preferred or BSW/BA degree w/exp. CWTI certificate preferred.
Title: Field Supervisor
Supervisor: Program Director
The Field Supervisor has direct supervisory responsibility for the Senior Companion volunteers who serve in private homes, residential settings or inpatient psychiatric settings. Included therein is assisting the Program Director with the recruitment employment, orientation and training for the Senior Companion volunteers as well as the recruitment of sites and performing other duties and responsibilities pertinent to the successful operation of the Senior Companion Program.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and volunteer training phase of the program as delegated by the Program Director.
- Assign senior companions to their clients and monitor assignments to ensure each volunteer is working a full twenty- (20) hour week.
- Meet regularly (both individual and group) with the senior companions to assess their strengths and weaknesses; to provide appropriate direction and in their relationship with their clients, as well as any personal problems and situations which may arise.
- Prepare an annual performance evaluation for each senior companion.
- Meet with the liaison from each host setting on a regular basis to discuss program operations, difficulties, strengths and volunteer assignments.
- Meet regularly with Program Director to evaluate performance, program operation and development, etc.
- Assist Program Director in developing new or improved operational modes when and where needed in order to best serve the program.
- Familiarize self with the activities and personnel at the host setting and/or its staff..
- Attend all meetings and training conferences scheduled Corporation for National and Community Service and Office of Service to the Aging.
- Perform other related activities as delegated by the Program Director.
SKILLS/EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other human service field or any equivalent of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities.
- Ability to relate to host setting personnel in order to provide maximum cooperation and good working conditions.
- Knowledge and/or awareness of behavior in order to determine appropriate assignment of senior companion to clients and to evaluate when changes are needed, etc.
- Ability to adapt self and schedule to the needs of the program and the host settings.
- Ability to relate to senior companions.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, automobile and automobile liability insurance coverage.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com. If your application is selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No telephone calls or inquiry emails, please.