The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process and collaborating with program staff. This is a part-time position, 24 hours per week.
- Research and identify grant opportunities based on funding amount needed, location, and organization project
- Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities – including deadline dates, required materials, etc.
- Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding
- Successfully understand and communicate mission and vision of company applying for the grant
- Maintain chart of grant applications: including grants applied to, status of application, grant deadline
- Communicate with foundations, if needed, to confirm an organization is applicable to apply for funding
- Identify all requirements of grant to ensure all necessary attachments are submitted on time
- Prioritize grants to apply for (based on size of grant and time funding is released)
SKILLS/EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from corporations, foundations, individuals, and other philanthropic organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and resourceful demeanor
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No telephone calls or inquiry emails, please.